Monday, November 24, 2003

Well well well...here I am...making another post...even though I have nothing paticularly good to say.

Pat's gotten worse. The arrival of "The Girl" for Thanksgiving is so imminent that he spends all day drawing hearts on the palm of his hand. I'm telling you, this guy's hopeless. He's adrift in a sea of love where he'll either find life jacket, drown, or be eaten by sharks. Take your pick.

Speaking of sharks, out radio show on tommorow. So even though it's 11:30 the night before, I'm still reminding you all to tune in. I have a feeling it's going to be fantabulous. Super Special Thanksgiving Blow-Out Extravaganza.

Busting your hump....or humping your bust?

Q: What sound does an apple make when it's dropped 50ft?
A: Not the sound I was expecting.

That's right. I've been continuing my series of physics experiments in the West Wing stairwell. The apple was the newest addition to the matter that have fallen and reached terminal velocity before impolding and/or exploding. A potted plant, German dictionary, and custard-filled cupcake were previous volunteers in this ongoing experiment.

The results of the apple were quite fascinating. I thought that it's relativly solid structure and hard core might keep it from splatting so terrifically. However, I was mistaken. Not only did the apple splat, but it exploded so magnificently that it all but vaporized. There was no piece of apple bigger than 1" anywhere to be found. I'm sure that will be quite the chore to clean up. My lab assistant, the ever sexy Nick V., has suggested that this become a weekly event. I thought perhaps a banana next. Will the skin break into tiny pieces due to the impact? I'll keep everyone updated.

Remember to stay out of trouble over the long weekend. In other words, don't follow Pat's example.

Peace out my yeomen.


No comments: