Thursday, November 20, 2003

Alex has called something important to my attention...

I am a button.

Alex finds my status as a button infuriating. He provides no explanation for this; therefore, I assume it is for religious reasons. You see, Alex belongs to an obscure Christian sect, known as the Zipperterians, who consider the use of point-fasteners a mortal sin.

It's good to know you're behind our three-way Alex. After all, once someone can't keep their end up, it ceases to really be three-way. But I'd like to keep pushing for this to continue...

On that note, I forgot to mention that this week marks the start of practice of the State Math Orals team, consisting of myself and Alex Fogel. Now, as the Senior, I will generally be in the dominant position on the team, but Fogel would not be on the team if he hadn't proven himself so receptive in the classroom. The important thing to remember is that I will be the one presenting, as well as the person doing the mouth work. Alex's role is mainly in preparation. With only ten minutes to prepare, we'll have to get ready quickly so I can effectively present to the judges and deal with any follow-up they request. I think that Mondays practice went well. Though it somewhat short and involved liberal use of chains, Mr. Finnell couldn't find anything too hard for us to handle.

No comments: