Thursday, November 27, 2003

So that Finding Nemo movie everyone was talking about? It is good. I just saw it in the traditional post-Thanksgiving rented-movie watching. Well, technically, it's not tradition, ast his is the first time I recall doing it, but the point is, Finding Nemo is a funny movie.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to all and sundry.

Alex: Procrastinate? Me? Not until tomorrow. You're one to talk about lazy, common app boy. Really, I don't know why I even associate with commoners like you. U of I is just so I have decent school to go to if all my other app catch fire or are contaminated with anthrax or are needed to complete an arcane ritual which prevents the Earth's core from spinning. We have that movie too, but I haven't gotten to it yet. I'm sure the science is impeccable.

Although really, I have nothing against small liberal arts schools. I am applying to one, for variety's sake. And U of C doesn't have engineering, either... So, pthbbbt!

So, about weed out classes: I assume these are either very difficult classes designed to eliminate people from certain areas of study, or... They involve copious intake of marijuana for the purposes of philosophical insights (such as "Whoa! String.").

Speaking of Thanksgiving, apparently President Bush had his Thanksgiving dinner in Baghdad with a group of American soldiers, after flying into Baghdad with ninja-like secrecy and stealth. Gutsy. I mean, I'm willing to admit it has the air of a publicity stunt, but still, gutsy. This I can applaud him for. He actually has a respectable streak going today: earlier, he stated that he believes that Muslims and Christians worship the same God. Now, I haven't ever heard anything to the contrary, but apparently this is madness to some of the fundamaniacs in his voter base. Happy Thanksgiving, Mr. President.

Damn Thanksgiving spirit of unity. I feel so conflicted. Well, that's probably enough for today.

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"

No comments: