Sunday, November 30, 2003

I want to know why Alex hates Ohio. I mean why? it makes no sense.

For all those of you who were thrown into confusion by Alex's comment; the proud state of Ohio does recognize the month of January, in fact the Ohioans celebrate this month above all other months, as a time of great joy and Bacchalia. That's why they send their college students home really, to avoid the Bacchalia; I mean we wouldn't want anyone to get overly Bacchalia saturated.

Oberlin has a thing called Winter Term, when the students either do an internship, reserach, or a personal project of some sort. My project will be a combination really of all the above elements. I will be doing research on the ethnic devlopment and regentrification of Chicago. My main focus will be Uptown and Old Town and the West Side of Chicago.

Uptown + Old Town= very cool

I may also be working as an intern for the CCFR, although I think that I may actually end up doing that this summer instead, hopefully.

I will also be taking some classes at the Old Town School of Music. I might take a class in swing dancing, Bhangra, or Break dancing; maybe West African dance we'll see (they have so many it's hard to choose). I want to take some art classes as well but that's looking like it may end up being a summer project. The School of the Art Institute is booked pretty solid, and the scheduling won't work for me + very pricey. I'd like to take some drawing and painting classes though, and I'm going to try to fit them in. I'll take some private violin and piano lessons at the Old Town School of Music too. I'd love to visit NYC somewhere in there too.

Most people head home for Winter Break, at the moment I know of no one who's staying except Bitchzila. I thought of staying and taking Russian but that would be crazy- hard-impossible. The project that I'm going to be doing is so much cooler. So I'll be home.

Is that not cool? I'm very excited, now all I have to do is survive finals and lose my wisdom teeth and I'm set.

No comments: