Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Well, you could say today has been a bit up and down.

OR, you could say today has been an emotional tour de force of epic proportions.

OR, you could say "On the first page of War of the Worlds, there is ejaculate," as Kohout so eloquently phrased it, after Siby said that my role is to ejaculate. Anyway, we're not sure what happened to Kohout's copy of the book, but it probably involves hot science-fiction action of some kind.

Anyway, best things first, the Scho-Bizzle beat Timmy Christian by a commanding margin, thus catapulting, nay, trebucheting us into first place in the league. James K Polk got me a tossup, for being President when America reached the Pacific. Also, we beat Brother Rice. Finally, the Greek god of love Eros will now officially be referred to by his 'hood nickname, E-Ross.

Annnd, The AMC-12 was an ugly massacre of a test. Some damn fool was in love with circles this year. Bothersome. Of course, talking about it allowed for a briefening of math class to about 10 minutes. Then we finally got started, I got picked to read, which I like to take advantage of. The key to reading dull, stodgy textbooks, I find, is emoting all over the place, with all kinds of emphasis, flying-quotes, and the cheerful energy that makes "The moving walkway is no ending," into such a truism.

In English, because quizzes have been bringing people's grades down, we get to take... That's right, a big quiz on the most boring material available! I mean, the romantics were a fairly kickass movement, but their intro is long and dense. so bleh.

And Kerry now has the mastery. People are committed to voting for the frontrunner because he's the frontrunner so he'll stay the frontrunner. That's what voting on electability means; you vote for someone because you think other people will also vote for him. Not that I mind Kerry; he did vote against the defense of marriage act, and I'm terribly fond of the gays (though not of the buttsex and all that)... Erhmm... Yeah, Lizzie and I (reminds me, I ought to link to her) shared a high-five cheering for the gay people. I don't rightly know what provoked that. Anyway, civil rights for all, miniature American flags for some.

No show today, but anything that stops Alex from eating babies can't be all bad, can it?

No comments: