Saturday, January 03, 2004

No, the blog is not dead yet. But college apps, man, college apps right up until 8 PM on the 1st. So my New Year's Eve wasn't very interesting. Basically, I wrote an essay for MIT about the challenge of doing college apps, and when it get up to about 4/5 of the way through, the essay starts talking about itself. Then on New Year's I wrote an essay for U of C about the dark and terrible origins of The Platypus:

"The mystery of the platypus has puzzled humanity for centuries -- nay, for millennia. It is one of those peculiar irrationalities of the universe that can send most philosophers into fevered, frenzied fits of gibbering. Some claim its improbability to be proof of the divine. Others, faced with the stark madness of the creatureÂ’s anatomy, insist that there is no god. Still others hint that it is but one piece in a vast, dark conspiracy that will someday shake the Earth to its very core. I think itÂ’s neat..."

And so on. It worthy of being a rant. If I get lazy about writing material for the show, it may very well become a rant, and now that I've talked it up so much, I suppose I'll have to read it at some point.

On that note, there may very well actually be more of the show soon, as my charming co-host, Alex McKinley, is out of the hospital after losing only one major organ. He's doing well, and amazingly, despite being incapacitated, still appears to have better knowledge of Fenwick gossip than I do. Go Alex!

Scho-bowl today was pretty cool. We got 5th place in the Kaneland tournament. Note that in this case "Kane" refers to Kane county, and is located at approximately "way the hell out and gone" from Fenwick. My high point of the day was a super-bonus set during the morning rounds. Subject: Dungeons & Dragons. Aw yeah.
1. Bard
2. Divine
3. Rage
4.To Hit Armor Class 0, W00T!
5. Raistlin Majere

-Pat "The Dungeon Master" Lange

No comments: