Sunday, January 11, 2004

And so then I said, "Alex, if you've just been sitting around all day, why no blog?"
To which he said, "Well, the computer is all the way upstairs, and the chair is really uncomfortable..."

He is recovering form major surgery, so I decided to let it slide. Whereas I have a very comfy chair and am nearly always near my computer, and haven't posted since Tuesday, and decided I ought to rectify that situation today.

So, yesterday, I visited Alex, which could be inferred from the beginning of this post. I went along with Kate and Peter, and it was fun. Even in his weakened state, Alex was still quite capable of beating all of us repeatedly at Mario Kart Double Dash. Actually, the races went consistently Alex 1st, Me 2nd, Peter 3rd, Kate 4th. Alas, the Girl is a neophyte in the realm of Mario Kart. Besides that we watched some football, and discussed what Alex is now forbidden to eat. I designed a prototype for an artificial colon, but at this stage it's really just a length of rubber hose with holes poked in it. I need a grant to improve it.

Before that, the Scho-Bizzle went to the Wheaton North (school of Evil) tournament and made it to the top 16 round, but then we got knocked out in a damnably close match. Our next game would have been against Wheaton North too. And thanks to the Wheaton North news display, we learned that the Wheaton North team is only virtually unbeatable: they're 42-1 on the year.

Going further back in time, on Friday I played Hamlet to great acclaim while wearing blue jeans and a leather jacket. I'm actually quite fond of the leather jacket, which I found in my basement.

On Wednesday, I went to a biker bar with Kate and Casey and my dad. Actually, it was a bicyclist bar & grill, but who's keeping track. Half the menu was vegan and was marked as such by a little ying-yang symbol. But the reason of the visit, was one Al "The Pal" Schorsch and his fabulous banjo music. Banjo music is cool. It was brilliant. He can also play the guitar write hilarious songs. "Sean Williams, Man of the Year" for example, is about a large, angry man whose ID card Al found at a bus station. Further kudos goes to Al's accompanying fiddler, Matt, because, after all, where is a banjo without a fiddle (well, the banjo alone is good too, but it's even better with the fiddle). Anyway, a good time was had by all.

Best quote from Al: "My brain is fraggled."

No comments: