Sunday, January 18, 2004

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to announce my triumphant return to Bloggination! I've finally decided to drag myself up to the computer and make a post (as well as sort through the billions of backed up e-mails I have)

After missing almost two months of school, I am happy to say that I will be returning to the madness known as Fenwick on Tuesday. At that point I will have to try and find out how the hell I'm going to make up all the work I missed. Hopefully my teachers will just give me an abridged version of the finals and I can leave it at that. Mr. Maietta exempted me and gave me an A. In my opinion that classifies him as the coolest teacher ever. (Kid misses two months of class and his term paper? Ah, he probably would've gotten an A anyway.)

The silly thing is: I'll come back to school on Tuesday and then leave for Kairos that night, which means I'll already miss two days of school the week I come back. But if you put it all in perspective, what's another two days?

For all of you who are wondering, I did, in fact, loose a major organ. But the stupid thing wasn't working right anyway, so I say good riddance. I mean, who needs a large intestine anyway? All it does is absorb water, it's the small intestine that counts, and that works just fine for me. The fun part about all this recovering is that I have to gain back the 35 pounds that I lost. That means eating lots of fatty, delicious foods and not feeling bad that I'm just sitting on the couch watching football.

Unfortunately, my medical hijinx aren't over yet. I still have to get two more surgeries before this whole thing is over. I'll have the next two surgeries within the next 6 months, so that means I'll miss a few more weeks of school before it's finished.

I look forward to seeing everyone on Tuesday, just don't punch me in the gut.

Without a Colon,
Alex

No comments: