Friday, December 26, 2003

If I may quote the disembodied head of the late Richard Milhouse Nixon (by way of Futurama):
"The loot. The loot. The loot is on fire."

Well, the very last bit is untrue. The loot is very nice. But I'll get to that in a bit.

I have been repeatedly and emphatically informed that nothing is more attractive than a boy who bakes. No doubt I shall now be forced to beat the womenfolk (except the one) off with a stick, as I participated in a veritable orgy of baking on Christmas Eve at the Anzinger residence. What a lot of cookies. Tasty, tasty, cookies... My particular innovation was placing round red sprinkles in the nose area of reindeer shaped cutouts. It was brilliant, terribly brilliant. Also on Christmas Eve, I received some excellent CD's with which to begin my CD collection, these being Weezer and Revolver, from Kate.

Now the main body of presentry also has some real gems. The Pythons Autobiography is so far fantastic stuff. If you are unfamiliar with the works of Monty Python, I am afraid I must pity you. Also under the tree were the extended editions of both The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers. I'll have to abduct Larsen and educate him on the background of the film he has so derided recently. Or something.

Also, The Complete Far Side is an unspeakably heavy two-volume set. I can only assume it contains Far Side comics, which would make it fantastic.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.


No comments: