Monday, March 01, 2004

So how 'bout those Oscars. It was a clean sweep for LotR--11/11. I guess the acadamy felt bad for not giving the first two movies lots of awards, so they just dumped everything on the third one. I guess it deserved it, but I did feel bad that other things got shut out because of it. Speaking of being shut out, I feel bad for Bill Murray. I know Sean Penn was brilliant and all, but I also know that he'll go on to make a bunch of other really powerful movies. However, I feel that this was Bill's last chance at Oscar glory and it would be an excellent cap to a long illustrious career.

I'm writing this in the library and I'm watching Padre Winky try in vain to fix a computer. It doesn't look like too serious a problem, but he's having loads of trouble. I guess that says something about our technology department and PC's in general.

Kate thinks Pat and I have a faux friendship just because we don't have gushy spill-all talk sessions. I think she needs to realize that guys don't feel all that comfortable with a deep talking bond. I think she's confusing us with a gay couple.

Napalm Strikes,
Alex

No comments: