Friday, March 12, 2004

In the spirit of jokes about European nationalities:

How can you tell a gregarious Finn?
He looks at YOUR shoes when he's talking.

How long have I had that joke lying around? Well, there's really no way of knowing. Apparently, the Finns are shy. I would be too, if I had fins. I assume they have fins. No? Drat. But I'll bet none of you realized that the Scandinavians had their own sets of ethnic jokes.

Yes, let's see. Yesterday was the day of the packing peanut. Remember, corn starch is edible, Styrofoam is not. After you've had a few, the corn starch actually kind of tastes good, although perhaps "taste" is too strong a word. They're like Cheetos without the cheese, only more bland. I only ate 5. I mean, that's not completely weird is it? I only did it to convince other people they were safe to eat. In case they ever need to survive a famine and have only packing supplies, they'll know to eat the packing peanuts first, and not, say, the cardboard boxes or the bubble wrap. I am all about helping people survive the coming apocalypse. Speaking of the Apocalypse, I hear it's coming in 2012, around Christmas. The ancient Mayan calendar apparently only goes up to there. Cubs fans, get ready. 2012 is your year. I, for one, anticipate the Cubs-Red Sox subway series eagerly. Armageddon less eagerly, but there's a downside to everything.

Although, if I'm am wrong about 2012, my next guess is that the Apocalypse is what Sweeney is counting down to over on Toner. Of course, his countdown seems fairly enthusiastic, what with the tildebangs. And it's coming rather quickly, by the looks of it. Still, the man has some nice comments on the Passion. Now, to shift away from secondhand blog-reporting before I become insufferable rather than just incoherent...

Now today, today was the day of the "thousand party" in 5th-year Math. We got to page 1000. It was a magical moment, really it was. There were doughnuts, and cookies, and vector fields. Also, we continue to fuel the simmering feud between math and physics. Hopefully it doesn't spread, or we may be on the verge of civil war. Everyone will have to choose sides. Brother will turn against brother (I'm thinking of the Kinnares here, although Rog doesn't seem to like either of them).

"Who did the homework? Who did the homework? Nah, I'm just kidding; I didn't do it" -PK, last semester.

Also, Kevin Altier can name three hundred Pokemon. This is... Fascinating. I'm trying to leverage it into another masculinity gain.

Can't think of anything else to ramble about today.
Motto for the week: "Doing better than biology."

No comments: