Friday, March 12, 2004

From the back of a T-shirt last night in Aikido; lots of good reading actually off T-shirts in Aikido last night:

In heaven the police are British,
the mechanics are German,
the cooks are French,
the lovers are Italian
and the Swiss organize the place.

In hell the police are German,
the mechanics are French,
the cooks are British,
the lovers are Swiss
and the Italians organize the place.


I must be a pseudo-German Swiss person, not being mechanically inclined at all. And if anyone is offended, just remember that my entire family is at least a card carrying member of at least one if not several of these groups.

And I found out that Don is in Cleveland Swing because he was wearing a t-shirt from one of they're exchanges, so after Aikido was over I asked him about and he ended up showing me the "arm breaker" aerial dip for jitterbug. The really nice thing about the whole situation is that Don and his wife are trying to get back into the swing dancing scene and have a car, and are willing to drive with college students. Hopefully I'll be getting to Cincy Swing exchange the weekend of April 1; I'll just have to go beg Tom for a ride or Kate to go home that weekend.

Bokken practice (Aikido swords) tonight and lots of Bio reading mit Deutschstunde Haüsaufgaben. This is my super insane weekend.

Does anybody know with ticketscalping, whether they prosecute the scalper or scalpee, or both? Branden (friend from RA experience, swing dancing/Taylor, and Aikido from who's Connecticut (or as I say Connect-I-cut)) was showing me the "bing bing" for lindy hop while we were waiting in decafe for smoothies after Aikido and we got in a discussion about which one it was. Some how that degenerated into a discussion about industrial size packages of gummibears and reselling them for a profit- so speculating on gummibears. All of a sudden I really want to play Monopoly.

Tschüss, für jetzt

Kate


No comments: