Thursday, March 11, 2004

At the moment:

Lola Stars and Striped- the Stills (the Still's website allows you to play the entire cd) check it out
Mermaid Ave. - Billy Bragg and Wilco (courtesy of my sister and brother in-law)- Walt Whitman's niece, Bed of California Stars
Chutes too Narrow- The Shins
Dandy Warhols Rule Okay?
13 Tales from Urban Bohemia- Dandy Warhols
Nico-my own mix


I need to figure out how to put up a calendar of shows etc. because there are so many while I'm back on spring break-

My latest realizations:

March 26, 2004
The Vic
the Vines & Jet (I'm going more for the Vines, but everybody's got their thing)
$20

April 23, 2004
The Ravonettes
the Aragon
(I'm still trying to finagle my way to this one)

Dear John letter to my Bio major,

I can't hate myself enough to be with you anymore, it's just not working out. I go to lab and count out hundreds of beads for hours for genetics experiments for you. I spend all my waking hours reading you, noting you, studying you and to what end. What more do you want from me? You ask too much of me. I have given you the best years of my life. I'm leaving you.

And yes there is someone else, Politics. He doesn't make me spend ever waking hour with him. He's so much fun. He's just soo hot. I push on him and he pushes back; all you do is push and all I do is get pushed into walls. I can't say no anymore to him. I want him. I hope that someday you will understand.

Sincerely,

Kate

No comments: