Wednesday, April 06, 2005

It is April and I am a fool. They’re not particularly connected, though I do have a story about that. But first…

Today is beautiful. I am insanely happy for no good reason, other than it’s spring and the grass is green and it feels like it’s about to rain.

And look! Alex is blogging again. And all it took was a widget. These widget dealies are kind of fun, actually. I’ve plastered my desktop with news tickers at the moment. Don’t tempt me on the poetry, dude. I might just do it.

Although, speaking of April fools, it was interesting to find, on returning from class Friday, that there was an extra mattress propped up against our closet. It turns out it was being stored there by Shane for the purposes of depriving his roommate of the use of his mattress, with the aid of Zach. End result: around 3 PM, a very tired-looking Mike came and got a mattress from us.

My own activities in the spirit of this holiday were to walk past tour groups whilst carrying The Electrical Engineering Handbook. Let me tell you something about the handbook: it is round about 5 inches thick (think unabridged hardbound dictionary size). So I hope I managed to subtly freak out somebody. Why was I carrying a massive book about electrical engineering, you ask? Well, I had to renew it. And to answer the next question, well, how else were we going to figure out how to disassemble that garage door motor? And I figured we should keep it around until Scav Hunt, just in case.

And now the (slightly delayed now) bad news…

Too many people are dying. I mean, the Pope and Terry Schiavo are getting the headlines, but I’m really going to miss Mitch Hedberg. I mean, Jesus, I just saw the man perform less than two months ago. As Maciej said, “motherfuck.”

Also, my sympathies to the U of I folk on the basketball front.

Ah well. Let’s see how if the Cubs (or White Sox, if you are of that misguided bent) can do something this year.

And now I’m going outside. Wheee! Spring! April! Craziness! Finally, things are getting interesting again...

No comments: