Wednesday, April 13, 2005

It is always slightly disappointing when events continue happening at a pace that leaves me no time to record my reactions. Of course, sometimes something else happens which entirely obscures that. Nevertheless, if I can impart one thing to the world at large from this past week, it is that they should go see Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

It was, at the very least, much better than my last trip to Doc Films. heh… hrm… moving on…

In any case, Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a cinematic masterpiece, which demonstrates just how fucked-up-insane the world would be if we shared it with ‘toons. It’s like film-noir, but with a talking baby and a more attractive female lead (“I’m not bad. I’m just drawn that way”). Also, Christopher Lloyd is just the right kind of zany creepiness to make a superb ‘toon villain. And there’s just so much great stuff in this movie that I should stop and just say that every one of you should go see it, especially if you haven’t seen it since you were little.

“Is that a rabbit in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?”

“Twoooooo Biiiiits!”

“This is the latht time I work with thomeone with a thpeech impediment!”

“What do see in a guy like him?”
“He makes me laugh.”

So, yeah, I went to the Med for dinner and to the movie with Megan, Chris, Jim, and Lisy on Thursday, and an excellent time was had. I had the most boring pizza available, but it was delicious. So there.

And you see, I’m not even a week behind reporting that. You people are lucky you don’t have to wait for this blog to be delivered by stagecoach. Don’t ask me how that would work. What do I look like, a postal engineer? anyway, the point is, the Internet + lazy > the Wheel.

Anyway, the rest of the weekend was also lots of fun, though Megan repeatedly schooled me at the original Smash Brothers on N64… also Mario Kart, though at least there were computer player for me to school there.

And I did my part preserving the athletic honor of Woodward house by playing IM soccer on Sunday (okay, so technically I was watching baseball in the lounge and didn’t realize there was a game until people started gathering, but I went…) And I did my part by playing goalie in the second half. Now, considering that I haven’t played soccer since 8th-grade and haven’t played goalie since 6th, I did pretty well. I am an excellent goalie… about half the time. So I may have let four goals get by. Although we never scored, so it didn’t really matter. And I did have some good saves, including a manic sequence of scrambling and diving to prevent it becoming 6-0.

And in the process I worked up some mighty sunburn to celebrate the weather. Although actually it only added to the sunburn I had from watching women’s rugby the previous day. Yeah, rugby is a crazy sport. It’s like every minute is that crazy last-second play in football where everyone is trying to lateral. Only sometimes they stop to form pyramids or play reverse tug-o-war. Yeah, it’s beautiful.

And just when I though nothing could get crazier than my weekend… something entirely unexpected happens. But I’ve rambled just long enough today, and that’s confusing enough to wait a bit.

(HWA! Edited to prevent bad luck. Or something.)

2 comments:

Marty said...

Who Framed Roger Rabbit doesn't have a question mark (?) after it. It's considered bad luck to place said punctuation (?) in a movie title.

God bless IMDB.

Pat said...

By Zeus, you're right. I could swear I copied that question mark from somewhere, but IMDB has it without. Very well.