Tuesday, April 19, 2005

If I were a Dylan song, I would be profound. As it is, people just ask what the fuck I’m talking about – even people who really like Dylan songs. I promise I’m not nearly as crazy as I sound, just a little more expressive than is strictly wise.

So, you see, I told you I wrote poetry. Though, rather than clog this blog with poetry, I ought to set up some kind of separate archive for the stuff.

My greatest flaw is that I have two flaws, and I can never tell which one is working. I can be terribly impatient, but then I have a history of waiting too long and missing opportunities. You’d think these would cancel out, but no such luck.

I will assemble, for my own amusement, an elucidating series of quotes:

“Time takes time.” – Ringo Starr
“All things must pass.” – George Harrison
“It’s getting better all the time.” – Paul McCartney
“I am the walrus.” – John Lennon

Alright, not entirely elucidating.

And in actual real events, I didn’t actually do that much today. I did see former Governor Jim Thompson talk about the 9/11 report, which was cool and fairly informative. Although there was that crazy woman in the audience, but she wasn’t too disruptive. Really, she was schizophrenic or something – kind of scary.

Other than that, it was just your average Monday. Although I suppose it would be bad, in conjunction with my previous post, to say that I’ve been in a good mood today…

No comments: