Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Well, this is interesting. I feel almost normal. And normal, you should realize, is very strange for me. I have a certain flair for weathering ridiculous intensity, after all. And I’m just a crazy bastard on principle.

Number of times this week a woman has said she could beat me up: 3… anyway…

Billy Joel… I didn’t see that coming. But “Only the Good Die Young” is stuck in my head lately, so there it is. what’s odd is that this is the second Billy Joel song I’ve had seriously wedged in my head lately. It’s shaping up to be an interesting and amusing trend, but I draw too many connections.

And I had “Twentieth Century Fox” stuck in my head, but I know exactly how that got there… and she always did say she wanted more nicknames, but I’ll run that by her when she gets back from Florida.

Inaccessible rambling and wry one-liners – that’s what I’m here for, folks… well, maybe normal was a bit of a stretch. But I’m close enough.

And it’s impossible not to feel good with the weather like it is. It is fuckin’ beautiful out there. We hit the 60’s today. And I do love the 60’s. Good as a temperature and as a decade. Anyway…

I do love the word “anyway”. It hides abrupt changes of thoughts slightly better than “[generic transition]”. Of course, “[generic transition]” has sentimental value for me now, but that’s an entirely different topic. And although that’s no reason in and of itself for me not to switch to it, I can only pack this blog with so many obscure personal references…

And so it goes…

Oh man, I’m not sure I’ve actually done anything here but amuse myself, and possibly exasperate one woman, who isn’t actually paying attention at the moment. So most of you should think of this as another (but now excessively long) throwaway opener. But I hope I have been modestly entertaining, or failing that, bewildering.

Yeah, you should see what I don’t publish. Actually, you shouldn’t; that’s kind of the point of not publishing it.

Well, I’ll get a sensible post in later today; nothing really happening at the beginning of the quarter. Kate tells me they don’t give me enough work. I’m almost inclined to agree.

No comments: