Thursday, December 11, 2003

JOY~! as Maciej would say. I'm back from great Kairos. It was awesome. Like, really, really awesome. Seeing as I can't divulge the super secrets of Kairos, I just have some words of wisdom. Kairos is about people, and people are great. Or close enough. It's kinda about whatever you want it to be about, except maybe dinosaurs or flying fish or Jello. Well, now I'm thinkiing it could be about those things, especially Jello.

It was really a "shocking" experience "four" me.

The folowing people deserve mention (yell at me if you think I'm giving away too much, but I'm going to be pretty vague):

--
Blake, of course, super rector.
Jo Nathan Walters and Tricia Tardella, awesome leaders in a great group.
Katie Napes, for being another great leader and just being awesome in general.
Kevin Altier, Scho-bizzle MVP and great guy.
The above two addressed as a unit, two great tastes that go great together. Or something like that.
Gotta mention Sean Harmon. We bonded. I'm tempted to say there was urine involved, and there was, but saying that does give a terrifying cast to the experience.
Countless others, but I can't mention everybody. The whole group was great.

Maciej and Siby, for keeping the joy alive and spreading the (incredibly vague) goodness.
--
How many times did I just use "awesome"? At least four. I never say awesome. I think I stole that word from Katie.

Okay, as long as I'm spreading love, I have to mention someone who wasn't anywhere near Kairos but was in my thoughts all the time.
WARNING! Skip the following paragraph if you can't stand this sort of thing:


-------------
I'm in love with the most wonderful girl ever. A really thoughful, smart, beautiful, and super-cool girl named Kate( Anzinger, just so Kevin doesn't think I'm trying to steal his girl or anything).Er, anyway... I love you, Kate my dear.
-------------


Okay, that's probably the last time I'll something that much towards Kate on the blog. I blame Kairos. That's one of the great parts of Kairos. Whatever it is, you get to use it as an excuse to be cheerful and emotional and huggy for a month or so. There's people gettin' hugged tomorrow.

But it doesn't look like I'll be able to hug Alex tomorrow. My co-host and friend here, I have just heard today, is now in the hospital. He seemed to be in really bad shape before I left for Kairos, but I didn't think it was that bad. Get well soon, Alex. Good luck. You have to make it to January Kairos and stuff.

LOVE, HOPE, JOY~!
-Jerome

No comments: