Friday, April 23, 2004

My thoughts on the week:

Nowhere in Africa: The best movie I have seen so far this year. stunning..
Run Lola Run was good too.

I love Gerhard Richter. Gerhard Schroeder ist toll.

I should avoid Econometrics like the plague.

I miss being in a major metropolitan area. ]

I haven't listened to the radio in a really long time.

BBC and NPR radio-my new favorite radio stations

In heaven, the rock musicians are all Brittish.

Alex doesn't dance enough. I hope he dances this summer otherwise we'll have to go up to Halsted and Waveland on June 26 so that I can dance with members of the opposite sex.

I got my summer work schedule, and I got a raise. And I'm working at Stevenson Park in FoPo, so I'll be really close to the El' for the CCFR internship which means I don't have to run like hell from the El' to work everyday.

Fenwick's choice of date for the graduation of the class of 2004: Who the hell has a graduation at 7pm on a Friday night? Come on people. And of course it directly conflicts with the Stills concert because it's only a FRIDAY night in the summer. WHO WOULD SCHEDULE A ROCK CONCERT ON A FRIDAY NIGHT IN THE SUMMER, YOU KNOW??!!?? Why would anyone ever schedule entertainment events on a friday night in the summer, do people even go to those anymore.

Class registration: Done in 4 mintutes- a new record for me.

MyFall 2004
Modern Dance 101: Somewhere my mother is rolling her eyes.

Dirty Wars and Democracy: on the dictatiorships of Brazil, Uruguay,Chile, and Argentina (evidently Brazil and Uruguay had dictatorships at sometime during the 1970s-1980s-who knew?)

Introduction to International Relations:

Intro to Philosophy: There was a really cool Religion class on the Immanence of Buddhism that I wanted to take, but if you take it you have to go to Japan for Winter Term, and if I'm an RA and on the swim team Japan= no go. It would be fun though if I could have been in the class, I wish I could have been. Then I could be like, "Mom, I have to go to Japan,...no I didn't know anything about it, evidently it was part of the course though..., I mean I really have like no choice in the matter...I guess I'll just have to make the best of it and go to Japan. So anyway, point being, instead of a religion course I figured that philosophy and I might get along better. We've never been formally introduced to each other anyway, so...why not hook up now?

Intermediate German: Because I WILL study abroad in Germany. And as we say in 102: German ist zuper kuhl. German is so much cooler than Spanish, and this time I won't get stuck with the professor who's from Berlin-yay!

Advanced Swing Dancing Exco: so I can learn shim sham, shag, balboa, more lindy. fingers crossed on aerials. My goal is to be good enough to teach the class as an upperclassmen.

Sadly some of this will have to get dropped with the whole RA gig, and swimming. But I did get all my first choices so I'm really quite delighted with it.

I have a 10 minute oral presentation that I have to work on for German class. Mine is on Chicago in der Sommer (Summer), that and I have to memorize Der Loreley for the Blauersalon next weekend. With each week that passes, the air gets heavier with the angst and stress finals.

Finals, finals go away. Come again some other day.

Tschuss



No comments: