Saturday, April 17, 2004

Hey hey!

So I've been rather busy for someone who had 5-hour surgery a week ago.

On Thursday I went to "Al's Char House" in LaGrange with M.C. Captain Crunch. We were suprised how long our food was taking so we asked the waiter (an asian man in a cowboy outfit). He said: "New York strip take longer to cook."
When the food got to the table we saw why. I kid you not...this steak was 1' long and 6" thick. If my dad had eaten the whole thing he probably would have gone blind and died. So we're eating steak for the rest of the weekend now.

Afterwards, we went to see Master and Commander. An excellent film if I do say so myself, and I don't even like Russell Crow.

Friday was fantabulous. We went to the wicked awesome Cubs game and had a hell of a time. For those of you who missed it, not only did Dusty throw the best fit I have ever seen, but the Cubs were behind the whole game until the 9th inning when Sammy and Moises hit back-to-back homers to win it! Sammy tied Ernie "Mr.Cub" Banks for the all time Cubs HR record at 512! Needless to say the entire 40,000 present went out of their minds. I thought the upper deck was going to collapse. So many drunken fans! If that's the only Cubs game I get to attend this year, I'll be happy.

On the "L" ride home we also got a free show. Some lady thought it would be a good idea to get up and preach to all the sinners on the train. She kept it up for a good half-hour until her stop came. Basically, God is awesome and I owe everything to him. However, I don't need to go to church anymore because that's just a crooked institution. I'm sure Kate would have shouted "Amen, sister!" Crazy people are fun.

That ranks up as my second best ride on the Green Line. The first was when Julie Koziol lost $40 to a crooked cup and ball game and Pat tried to win it back for her.

No comments: