Friday, June 25, 2004

Well, maybe blogger has been toying with me for a week or so and I haven’t been able to get anything up. Feh.

Woo! Party! Gradstravaganza officially ended around 3:00 AM Sunday when I got home from dropping my most car-less guests off. Good times pretty much all the way through. Lots of hanging around and chatting, some videogames, some banjo musicality/hilarity from my friend Al, and at the end we just sort of gave up and watched Die Another Day on my new-and-improved super-cable. I also proved my superiority to All present in the field of playing Time Splitters 2 silently (Super-cable interfered with the GameCube set-up. I had to rearrange a whole mess o’ wires Monday to finally get everything booming in fabulous sim-surround sound). I think it was Alex who proved his superiority at darts, although I proved it is possible to do fairly well at darts throwing underhand. Shotgun dart technique, however, has never worked for anyone. There were also some… interesting… interludes provided by my little cousins, one of whom like to sniff people. Thanks to all who came. Best wishes to those who couldn’t make it for whatever reason.

Among the more interesting gifts was Raw Power by Iggy and the Stooges (from Maciej). Which does hold up to the claim “It’s like being kicked in the face by rock and roll.” Powerful stuff. I’m fond of this quote from Iggy in the album insert: “Why isn’t this guage in the red with all the other ones?”. Despite the loudness, it’s not particularly “noisy”, so to speak; It’s just good, loud, powerful music. My favorites right now are “Search and Destroy” and “I Need Sombody”.

Other notably different gifts were d-skins, which are spiffy CD-protecting plastic covers that can be read through, from Alex. Now I can leave even more CD’s lying around without worrying about scratches. There was also an idea-notebook from Al, which was lovingly handcrafted from duct tape and used paper. Odd as it sounds, it’s cool, and probably the most durable notebook I’ve ever owned.

Oh, and let’s see. More dancing Tuesday. I am now moderately competent at the Charleston, although there are some tricky bits at the end of class.

I spent Wednesday geeking out old-school with my friends from… my old school, including the aforementioned Al, Alternate Alex, and Joe. In one day, we went from small-time smuggling to big-time drug-dealing… er, in the course of a game of the Star Wars RPG, of course. I shall refrain from telling you about this in-depth unless there is a surprising demand fro such things.

Oh, and the picture below Alex’s post is really self-explanatory. Ah, the wonders of the internet.

No comments: