Friday, June 12, 2009

Younger Than Ever

I know Maciej has already expressed his love for Jeezy's The Recession album that came out at the end of 2008. He said that the trap star seemed to be improving lyrically. I agreed with that assessment, and I'm happy to say that things just keep getting better. This latest mixtape is pure fire all the way through. In fact, I think the title track might be the best verse Jeezy's ever laid.

My only complaint is with the mixing. There was a no DJ version of this floating around with significantly better sound quality and none of those annoying drops. I'm guessing DJ Folk got it pulled. But DJs should really get the point by now. Fans want the music, not your annoying voice shouting catch-phrases at twice the volume of the actual track. I know you want your name out there, but if you're really looking for respect: 1) don't sacrifice sound quality for your own jabbering. 2) make your drops sound good. And really, excessive rewinding does not demonstrate your mixing skill. It just makes me not listen to that track again. Anyway.

No comments: