Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's A Fiasco


So Lupe seems to finally be doing what I always hoped he would--switch up his delivery a little. I always believed that the West Side native had the imagery and lyrical talent to do big things, and his overall musical sound and beat selection were on point. It was just that he kinda sounded the same on most of his songs. He sounded too much like he was reading. Yeah, he's fast, but it wasn't really an interesting fast--more of a drone. This 1st drop from his next full-length, though, this is the business. Plus he's dressing like a full-blown hipster now, which is an infinitely better look than his previous coach potato vibe.

Lupe Fiasco - Shining Down (Feat. Matthew Santos) - (No more link, folks. Lupe wants people to drop .99 on this one.)

No comment on the autotune. Or Matthew Santos, for that matter.

This song just came on in my itunes after. Considering the Young Jeezy post below, I thought I'd add it. This verse really illustrates Jeezy's improvement. Young Buck's is my favorite, though.

No comments: