Monday, November 21, 2005

Ah, the joy of posting and not being completely swamped with work. Ye gods. So the Dealer had some problems last week with pictures, resulting in much consecutive staying up too late working on my part, and there was a physics midterm, and a Comp Sci lab of doom (writing a goodly chunk of a shell), and a series of small but intentional fires. I was not involved directly, although I know somebody who had the suspect walk into her class and sit there for no apparent reason (the arsonist is reportedly an alum, or possibly a dissatisfied grad student). It's all going to hell around here, it seems. But it's fun. And there was that guy on the subway who started gibbering at me in pseudo-German, and tried to give me a quarter, and that guy at the bus stop who tried to sell me gold chains and pot.

And there was a fencing tournament, at which I was marginally competent and thoroughly exhausted. Thereafter followed the shortest fencing party ever.

And oh, the tradtion that is Loud Music and Drinking night, which does not generally involve that much drinking or that loud of music, though we sang a lot of it yesterday. Yay, drinking songs and randomness. Fortunately, ther are an unusual number of trained singers at these things, and on this particular occasion, a guitar (and someone who played it rather well). All told, I got back at 3 and stayed up until 4 finishing a song I've been working on lately, which is now all up in the archive's face... or something:
"Chicago Rain My Blues Away", for those interested.

All things considered, I'm probably doomed. And nonetheless I feel straight-up groovy. Which if it isn't an accpetable phrase for this decade, it will be soon. Mark my words

Unrelatedly, wow, it's already almost Thanksgiving. Hopefully I'll see you folks over the break.

Godspeed, ladies and gentlemen.

Did I mention I have a shiny gold shirt now? Pictures will be taken sooner or later. Whee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love it when the hobos try to give YOU money, rather than the other way around. And I like the song.