Thursday, September 22, 2005

Oh man, It’s already Thursday. And while that means that the magic number is now one (whee!), it also means I haven’t provided coherent commentary on naything that happened after Saturday.

So today was a big house trip to Chinatown for lunch, which was overpoweringly delicious and a hell of a lot of food for cheap. Yay Chinatown. Also, the CTA cards have changed colors. It’s weird. Or completely unimportant, but still.

Boy I’m tired, because Tuesday (That was only Tuesday?!) I stayed up until almost 4 chatting with people – Specifically, other O-aides, random first-years, and the guys upstairs who all have guitars and subwoofers, who are conveniently located just above the RHs’ baby’s room… Chalk up another one for Student Housing.

That and yesterday I jumped in the Lake. Actually, fifty-some people from our house went swimming off the Point, partly because we told them it was a tradition, and it was actually good weather for swimming. There was much Frisbee and fun. All hail fearless leader/RA/event-instigator Jakob. Although really, the most interesting part was trying to get into the water by clambering over massive, slimy stone blocks with waves crashing into them. I think I stubbed all of my toes. But it was awesome nonetheless. And really, the fear of smashing one’s face keeps one from noticing the water temperature, which was chilly but not terrible. And speaking of injuries, I managed to pull (or something) a calf muscle diving for a during our game, and thus spent a good fifteen minutes playing Frisbee while hopping on one foot and/or cringing in pain. This made clibing back out of the water over the rocks that much more interesting, but I was fortunately relatively recovered by then, and we found a better route for that too. Still damn sore, though not enough to keep me from wlking all over the place on our trips, so...

Oh, and I almost forgot that Ferris Bueller was on on a massive screen on the quad. Fucking Awesome. And now, coma time. Peace out, Blogospherians.

No comments: