Friday, September 02, 2005

And then quite suddenly, I had a job. Not one that pays anything, but it does require several hours of work a day. I even got my first work-related injury. So doing layout for the O-Week issue of the Shady Dealer took me the better part of this week, and involved much late-night copy-editing and an argument over content, which resulted in three different “final” versions. And then much difficulty with the publisher’s hiccupping website, and making sure that we could send them a version that would actually print properly. But, in the end, our first and only-one-for-a-while tabloid-format issue is set to be printed. And it’s pretty damn funny and well-laid-out, if I may say. We had to leave out a very amusing article about anal rape, sadly. And… fuck if I know how Zach is going to get all 1,000 copies up from Georgia, but I’m sure he’s got that covered.

Oh, right, the injury. Yeah, on Thursday, I woke up and the tip of my left index finger was swollen, apparently from doing hours of precise clicking and dragging to make the layout work. Wacky.

…Oh man, I haven’t listened to “Joy to the World” in a long time. Thanks, iTunes.

Also in music, I’ve managed to have three songs stuck in my head without a single lyric being involved. And all of them have lyrics too. But just the close of “Jumpin’ Jack Flash”, the close of Jackson Browne’s version of “Take it Easy”, and the middle of “Blue Sky” (possibly th best guitar solo ever) have been popping up for no apparent reason. Not that I’m complaining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and your Jackson Browne... I still say the Eagles version is better.

Love you!