Monday, September 19, 2005

Hoo boy, it’s been a while. So the reason I haven’t been blogging is the vast plethora of things I’ve actually had to do, plus I live with people again, so I can walk twenty feet into social contact with random new people.

Right, so Tuesday was move-in day for Orientation Aides, of which I am one. And what a lot of stuff I wound up moving, but that’s really nothing compared to what would come later.

But we, the assembled O-aides, RA, RHs, and miscellaneous staff-students then began the furious preparations for the arrival of the first-years this Saturday. First there were long, painfully boring training sessions. Then there was decorating for the Woodward house theme of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It worked quite well, actually, with an assortment of (actual Giordano’s) pizza boxes, paper rats, sewer grates and shiny green ooze. My own door (everyone has a decoration and a name label) features Michelangelo being slice in the head with a katana. And I found not one but two Ninja Turtle fonts for the labels, which was great, because one of the fonts was extremely shoddy and did not have numbers or hyphens. Damn hyphenated-name people.

Part deux tomorrow, I promise. But current events have left me incapacitated to properly relate everything. Wheeeeeeee! College! Newbies!

Also, last week in the CTA tunnel at Washington, I saw very large graffiti that said “ERLIM” in bubble letters. So go look at www.rocketgrande.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alex said...

I'm making it my personal goal to hunt down and shotgun those responsible for blogger comment spam.