Friday, August 12, 2005

It has been a few days, hasn't it? Speaking of a few days: 4.

Anyway, for those interested, there's another poem up, "Crazy Ideas". For those not interested, an update:

So, for some reason, Judge Dredd never ceases to be amusing. Quoth Maciej, "The law uses tongue." Although properly speaking, Sylvester Stallone is "The Lauwhh" or something to that effect. Though the movie we actually watched at Altier's that day was City of Lost Children, which was quite bizarre and quite good, and in general stipulates that the universe acts as one massive Rube Goldberg machine. A single tear eventuially causes a ship to run aground, for example. Also, Ron Perlman is a French circus strongman.

Remarkably, I've been to the Quarry twice without ever seeing a movie there. This streak will have to end sooner or later, assuming I find more reasons to be deep in the southwest suburbs.

So, the next few weeks get crazy. This weekend there's a big family camping trip, from which I return Sunday. Then Tuesday I leave for Houston, visiting Megan and being generally elated, as I have not actually seen her since we started dating. That would be the "4" from earlier. I return the 22nd, and then the 23rd I am exposed to (conceivably) harmless drugs and shown disturbing images. I do that again on the 25th, and maybe try to wedge a day or so down at U of I in between. And then I'm back to mostly wide open schedule-wise. Of course, lots of folks will be gone by then. Best wishes and such to anybody I don't manage to see again.

Also, this is weird: http://www.hugi.is/hahradi/bigboxes.php?box_id=51208&f_id=842
Link provided to me by Ryan Rubin, also the first person besides me to buy Albatross Hour merchandise, thereby fulfilling my dream of having a dollar (after CafePress allows 45 days for returns).

And finally, a small piece of advice: DON'T SMOKE THALLIUM.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tee-hee. I'm mentioned on your blog.

Alex said...

If you ever post something like that on the blog again, I'll be forced to resign.

In other news, I'm back from the wild north of Wisconsin.

Anonymous said...

TOMORROW!

um... yay. :-)

Also, bring Futurama if you remember.