Friday, November 30, 2007

Thoughts
-Some stories I can either seize a room for 15 minutes or I can't tell at all. "Naked in the Bronx" is the best example. It gets epic. When that's done, the other 2 stories of my odyssey on the Eastern seaboard are on the table, but it's really only worth telling one at a time.

-I've been thinking lately a bit about philosophy, mostly ethical justifications. It turns out I have:

1) A list of things I won't apologize for. Currently, this amounts to "things that are funny, things that are true, and things done for the best of reasons" ... but this is not particularly well-defined or explained

2) A list of things I am helpless in the face of. This is poorly enumerated indeed, though examples surface from time to time. By "helpless in the face of" I mean things that one cannot respond to in any way but the way in which one does. Things that only have one proper response, regardless of what common-sense or utility dictate.

I wonder whether these are useful in general.The best maxim I can discern from mine so far is this:
"All's fair in love that's true."
I am significantly more skeptical of war.

-Great achievements in marketing (Concept Joe's, product and slogan Marty's): Scrote Spice, "I wanna dip my balls in it!" ... yeah, maybe you had to be there.

-Have you ever considered the obscene implications of the term "three-hole puncher"? This happens when you work around office supplies long enough.

No comments: