Wednesday, June 15, 2005

It’s really very cute that they seem to sort of disapprove of each other, but this can only cause problems down the road. Really, I’m going to cut back on comments that I absolutely shouldn’t explain. But damn it, that one amuses me.

Home at last. Actually, I was home Saturday afternoon, but I’ve really just settled in, as I’ve now seen the majority of the people I wanted to reunite with. Alex and Peter came up Sunday and we made our traditional trip to Rolling Stone, where I desperate searched for a CD in my $9.00 budget range. And unlike at most music stores, at Rolling Stone that is a possibility. I came away with Big Brother and the Holding Company, Janis Joplin’s recording debut. It’s a worthwhile album, especially for six dollars. Afterwards, we watched a few episodes of Dave Chappelle on DVD. And a grand old time it was.

And today (Tuesday), Kate came over for a bit, flush with youthful rebellion, wherein we determined that The Kate is not evil, but does deserve the definite article.

Also, today, I joined what has become known as “Joestravaganza.” Oddly enough, Joe was there, as well as Maciej, Sweeney, et al. And there was much watching of Evil Dead 2 and Rock and Roll High School, arguably the best movie to ever feature all four Ramones, possibly the best movie to ever put a Ramone in the shower and blow up a school (with the power of science). Also, some marveling over the Cubs game (14-0 baby! With Sergio Mitre throwing a complete game shutout. Raise your hand if you saw that coming.) and a brief period of DDR sharking. Good times.

"At this distance, I'd have no way of knowing which one of you was the real Nancy."

And I will see everyone again tomorrow at the Ted Leo concert, not by design, but just because everyone I know seems to be going.

Also, I threw two more poems up yesterday that have been sitting around for a while waiting to be declared finished: “Misbelieving” and “Something in the Wind.”

No comments: