Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I am working on a stroke of optimism.
Also finding a job.
Also learning to play guitar. You’d think I could have started on that one earlier. Ah well.

Summer hinders blogging because blogging is a classic example of a semi-productive activity. As a procrastinator, I’m incredibly semi-productive when I have legitimate work to be doing. But now there’s nothing to put off by blogging. Also, there are stretches of summer where I actually do very little of note… not that that’s stopped me before. I mean, I could be giving deep insight into my inner emotional doings, which I assure you, could be stretched into long and vaguely coherent paragraphs, but also into enigmatic one-liners. Anyway…

So I did go to Ted Leo. It was… promising. I can’t really say that I’ve heard his music yet, as the sound quality was not particularly good. However, he was clearly better than Aloha. Still, it was a pleasant roar for the most part, and I liked what I could occasionally hear.

Also saw Batman Begins. It was incredibly awesomely cool. Go see it now. Go see British actors pretend to be Americans in Chicago pretending to be Gotham city (and very well on both counts, I might add). It has clever twists, explosions, and the Bat-tank. (which, as every technological device should be, is introduced by Morgan Freeman). On a scale of Badassitude, I give this movie 4 out of 5 Bruce Campbells.

Also, on a note which will be horrifying for some, I have come to the conclusion that when I have some money to burn, I’m going to Belmont and getting myself a shiny metallic gold shirt, and some vinyl pants, just because it will be hilarious, or terrifying, or possibly an unexpected fashion breakthrough. The combination of black vinyl pants, gold metallic shirt, black leather jacket, and dark sunglasses has some potential, I think… potential for something, anyway.

And the ever-present random philosophical inkling:

There are some things we believe in because we have faith, and faith is a marvelous thing.
There are other things we believe in because we are idiots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I won't stand for it.