Monday, December 13, 2004

"We’re goin’ home"

Well, I’m already home, as of Saturday. And awaiting the massive influx of people this weekend, and ensuing madness. However, being home is good, except for leaving the mighty Funk-o-tron in my dorm room. Yes, my computer is named “Funk-o-tron.” It’s far mightier than the one I’m typing on. Anyway…

Being home is also a little strange. I have to get back out of the flow of dorm life. I feel weird eating meals for which I have not directly paid, for example. And having multiple rooms of living space… which is a good thing, actually. And no impending assignments, which is why I can do this.

Now, for those of you who envy me for the fact that I’m done with finals while yours are about to start, consider this: I have exactly as many finals weeks left as you do, thanks to the quarter system. I also invite anyone who so chooses to com down in early June and laugh at me. Actually, same thing goes for anyone still around the first couple weeks of January.

Also, a crazy man with a banjo will never disappoint for entertainment, especially when accompanied by acrobats. I speak, of course, of the indubitable Al Schorsch. In this case, Al was playing background music for a group of jugglers, balancers, and assorted ne’er-do-wells known as the Runaway Circus. I saw this on Friday at our very own Ida Noyes Hall, and it was most entertaining. Thence followed a set from Al and a band called the Grillers, which was also very good in a way that involves the occasional 80’s hit being played on a banjo, and actually working rather well.

Alright. Back to slacking off. But first to clarify my opening quote.

“You and me chasing paper
Getting nowhere
On our way back home
We're on our way home”
- Beatles, "Two of Us"
Not completely relevant, but hey, it's stuck in my head.

No comments: