Monday, May 17, 2004

Yeah, Waterpolo. Saturday was damn cool. That was the most intense Fenwick sports event I’ve ever been at. Fans yellin’s and screamin’ and clappin’ and et cetera. And from what I know about waterpolo (which is nothing), I’d have to say those were two great games. Boys mostly led, with a little trouble in the middle of the game, but still a pretty close game overall. The girls match, as you’ve probably, went down to the wire with a beautiful last-second tiebreaker. IHSA was listing it as an OT victory for a while, that’s how close it was. But the fans knew there was time, because that place ex-ploded. Awesome. Awesome cool.

Thence to Ledo’s with a lovely group of people. Only got slightly lost: right road, wrong direction. Fortunately while I was lost people were rearranging the planned location anyway. The “more fun than Jesus” incident has already been related by Maciej. “More X than Jesus” is my new way of forming the superlative, BTW. For example, “Bob Dylan is cooler than Jesus”.

Which reminds me, the first candidate for my “Danceable Dylan” mix is “Subterranean Homesick Blues.” Try it sometime.

And you know what else is awesome? Coming home after crazy fun times and finding the Girl on AIM, at which point it’s past midnight and the 15th has rolled over into the anniversary. Yes, ladies and gents, it’s been one year now since last JuProm made it official. And it has been a crazy, wonderful year. And in just under a week, she’s back again. Whee!

And then there was today. Honors convo was as long and tedious as ever, but I got some nice stuff. I think our overall winner is Ryan “Razor Ramon” Kiefer, master of the Spanish language. But I think the biggest cheer went to Eric Park, for something like “special achievement in choir”.

Final note: Ask Sweeney about Van Helsing.

No comments: