Sunday, March 29, 2009

Google is spying on you...

And it's incredibly useful! I set up Google Analytics for this here blog last week. This was just in time to see a brief spike in readership. Apparently some lunatic decided we should be on Digg, which brought us up to all of twelve visitors that day.

There is some interesting (and statistically insignificant) data to be gathered here: congratulations to our single visitor using Safari with Windows. And at this sample size, I have pretty strong intuitions as to how we have five visits from Macau.

-- And I see we've picked up Ireland today. Greetings, Irish visitor! There is about a 40% chance you are somebody I know who is in Ireland! If so, I hope you are well. If not, good luck to you anyway.

Also, both our hits from Canada were for pictures of Emmitt the Enraged Marmot, via Google image search. Oh, those wacky, rodent-loving Canucks.

Er, anyway, back to our irregularly scheduled programming.

No comments: