Wednesday, February 28, 2007

According to some preliminary research, the going rate for being published in a poetry magazine is $6.00 a line... assuming they like it. Poetry does not a living make. However, I find this prose-poem about candy hearts highly entertaining.

My other money-making scheme is to become competent with a graphics program and make t-shirts for Threadless.com. I have a couple of good ideas that are waiting on the competence problem. Meanwhile, "You can't spell Progress without Ogres" is doing surprisingly well as a slogan possibility.

Big poetry site update. Feedback welcome. More on the way soon, I expect.

Also, I may or may not have blacked out for a period on Saturday, which is just a bit disturbing. I blame this on wearing the gold shirt. Seriously, no good has ever come of that thing, vastly entertaining though it may be. Also there may have been alcohol involved, and a profoundly weird emotional state. However, on the whole a fun evening, especially the part that I remember.

No comments: