Monday, August 28, 2006

LIVE FROM SRI LANKA:

Hey look! I can get to the internet from the university here! It's slow!

Sri Lanka's great, everyone, and Pat's a bum for not posting since I left. He better not let the blasted blog die while I'm away.

The climate in the hills of Kandy is gorgeous. It's the perfect temperature all year round with fantastic sceneary everywhere you look. There are lots of troublesome monkeys and stray dogs about. I'm learning Sinhala, which isn't as hard as you might think, since it's an Indo-European language. Reading it, on the other hand...

We went on a tour of the historic ruins in the northern section of the island, which was fantastic, but now I have to write a paper on it, which is not fantastic. The family I'm living with is hilarious and my little brothers keep me on my toes.

I hope everyone has a rip-roaring start to their schoolyear, or in Pat's case, I hope you relax for a month before your rip-roaring start to the schoolyear.

Keep it real.

No comments: